Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The No Shampoo Challenge!

I have been shampoo free for almost a month (a few days shy). My first response "ew gross!". However, the more I thought about it, the more it makes sense. We condition our hair to need to replenish it's oil with frequent washings. I had already gotten my hair to the point where I only needed to shampoo 2 days per week to keep the oils down. Any other time I was in the shower I would just rinse well to loosen any dirt. Well, this is just one step above that. Check out the links below. This is for all - yes all hair types. It's not only better for your health but super cheap!

http://babyslime.livejournal.com/174054.html#gel

http://www.naturemoms.com/no-shampoo-alternative.html

3 comments:

Elizzyfish said...

I have actually heard (from my father-in-law) that after two weeks or so of not washing your hair, that it cleans itself, although it can get a bit stinky if you don't.

I only shampoo/condition my hair two times a week, but that is because I need the oils in my hair.
I'll have a look at your links!

Much love,
Beth

Elizzyfish said...

Good sites, Mandi. I think I might try some of those recipes!

Amanda Kaake said...

If you do let me know how you like it. I'm thrilled that I never again have to use shampoo. We were in WalMart the other day and inside their salon I saw a huge display of shampoos. It said "2 large bottles for only $20". I laughed out loud and said to Allysha "can you believe how much people pay for things they don't realize they don't need?".

My hair has never been so healthy.