Thursday, August 28, 2008
Apple Cider Vinegar
I had heard of people using this in the past - Folk Remedies is what they were called. It was touted to heal/cure all kinds of ailments from A - Z and then some. I’ll have to admit I am one of the worlds biggest skeptics on things like this. I will try it and if it works, great and if not then I let the world know. lol!
I picked up a bottle of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar from my local health food store. It is very low expense considering I only use 1 Tablespoon per day. I had taken a drink of 8 oz warm water, 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV) for almost 2 weeks. In that time here’s what I found.
- My appetite actually decreased . On top of that which I don’t know if it has any baring on this or not but I didn’t crave junk foods. I can actually see acv being a part of this because it kills yeast and yeast is what makes us crave sweets and breads.
- My skin first broke out but that was because all the toxins were coming out. I think another week and I’ll be all cleared up.
- I have more energy in the morning and throughout the day.
- I had a bladder infection coming on so I sat in a bath with 1/2 cup acv in the tub. I also drank more than usual of my above concoction. All was well within a day.
- 1 week ago I had a horrible sore throat and drank my above mixture throughout the day and not just in the morning. I expelled lots of mucus and felt much better the next day.
Coincidence - I think not.
Here is the site of the maker of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar.
Here is a site where people are talking of all kinds of remedies used to cure bladder infections. One remedy being acv.
Earth Clinic has a very good article on the healing properties of acv and ailments that it’s useful for curing.
BellaOnline has a lovely article on acv as well as a recipe on how you can make your own. How cool is that!
Care2 has an article on lovely skin using acv.
So now that you have read through my brief article and are looking at all the links, I hope this helps you with your health. Have a lovely day and lets have a drink to our health - an ACV drink that is.