Skip to main content

Dreams




When I was younger (school age), I didn’t have many dreams.  There were things i thought would be neat but nothing I fully pursued.  i knew i wanted to be a wife and mother more than anything.  Not being in a serious relationship after high school and not having that clear direction I felt like a wanderer; not just physically but in every sense.  My mind wandered, my emotions floundered, my heart was undecided.  In that dizzying state I began to look for ways to help me forget my lack of focus on my future.  I partied a lot, bounced from living in my car to living with friends and new acquaintances.  I never felt settled in my spirit and my body followed.  It was at the age of 18 I became pregnant with my daughter.  “Finally”, I thought, “something to focus on; something to ground me.  Someone who would love me forever no matter what.”  I wasn’t to be a wife for 4 more years but I was a mother.  

When I met Matthew (my husband), as we got to know one another better we talked of our current difficulties.  The things in life we were trying to overcome that were constantly pushing us down.  Our deep pain from life situations and trying to navigate it like you would a ship on stormy water.  It can be done, but with difficulty.  We formed what I considered a comradery.  We were both in pain and we were both lifting each other up in prayer and encouraging one another with the word of God.  Little by little as time went on we developed a fondness for one another.  As time went on we began dreaming together.  While his dreams and mine were vastly different, there were areas they intersected.  Before you knew it we were married and while he was doing what he needed to do to fulfill his dream, I waited.  Don’t get me wrong, the waiting wasn’t terrible by any means.  I was able to stay home with my daughter, and then 3 boys that came along the way.  I homeschooled for 10 years and while it was very difficult for various reasons, it was what I often think of as beautiful time spent with my beloved children.  Precious, precious time during that waiting period that I will never have again.  

Here we are today.  If you have read any other parts of my blog you’ll know I have a chronic illness that will never go away.  I can get treatment and it can go into remission but it will always be here.  With that limitation among several others for various reasons, the dream I dreamed may never be a reality.  My physical limitations coupled with a dream I made outside of myself (something that requires other people to make it a reality) have made that dream seem absolutely impossible.  I know that God is a God of the impossible; I do and I’ve seen Him time after time work things out in my life and in the lives of others that only He could.  Yet, recently realizing the reality that dream that may never come to pass is something I’m currently mourning deep in the depths of my soul.  It’s required more searching within myself and what God would have me do with my life.  I was talking to a dear friend the other day about this and what brought me to tears was telling her about this dream; how it's not just something I want but it's a godly thing.  Yet may I remember that if the creator of the universe put that dream within me, He will see that it's completed.  Maybe in a way that I cannot even fathom.  The premise of that old dream will remain but how it is realized may now have to be vastly different or the Lord will perform a miracle.  While in the midst of a resale transaction I had a gentleman tell me this next year was my year to blossom.  I hold tight to his kind words as I too have had that same feeling.  Never underestimate the power your words have when you encourage someone.  


So, as I wait (or as my friend Nicole says, in this “waiting room”), I am asking for your prayers on direction.  Prayers for healing in my heart from this loss.  I know He has plans for me and I intend to live my life for Him.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adult Tonsillectomy Story

Post Surgery as soon as I arrived home. For anyone who really knows me, I have always been completely terrified of surgery.  So when I went to an ENT and he said I needed a tonsillectomy I was not very happy.  I found out in either January or February and I couldn't make my appointment till the end of June because that's when my husband could get off work to help out.  I wrote this so I could hopefully help someone going through the same thing.  Without further ado, here goes. Week Before Surgery: This is when I started purchasing everything I had seen online that might be helpful.  I also started setting up an area on the main floor where I could be inclined for sleeping and have everything at my finger tips.  At the bottom of this post I will have a list of items that I personally found helpful for my recovery.  I also have food allergies and tried to stay away from them as much as possible.  So my food options may seem different than many online. Two Days Before Su

Planters Warts and Duct Tape

So, my daughter ended up having this very sore spot on her heel. I thought she had gotten a sliver in it and it was pushing it's way out. After having my friend, Sheryl, look at it we discovered it was actually a planters wart. After a bit of searching online I found the cheapest and easiest way for removal - duct tape. Sounds like something on the Red, Green show doesn't it? lol I also realized I had one on my big toe on my left foot. As you can see in the pictures above, where the duct tape is there is a clearly defined circle in the center. Underneath there is where our planters warts are. We have been using duct tape now for about a week. Somewhere around day 4, Allysha came up to me and said "some white stuff came off on the duct tape when I took it off". This was some dead skin cells. A day or so later we started seeing black spots inside her wart area meaning it is dying. Allysha has only had hers for a few months while I've had mine for a

Christmas Gift Planning Year Round

Picture borrowed from http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/09/get-a-jump-start-on-holiday-shopping.html/christmas-presents I love to plan my Christmas gifts starting in January.  This helps me not only save money but save sanity.  I save money because I have all year to look for those specific items and it saves my sanity because my family is not stressed about what to get someone.  We're prepared. Here's a few steps that have helped me. 1. First decide if you want to make all/some of your gifts.  If you want to make them, try to find neat and unique ideas online.  I LOVE pinterest.com for getting great ideas. 2. Is there someone in your family that has a lot of stuff?  For those people I get the same thing every year.  For our grandparents we do pictures in some form and homemade goodies.  For my mom and dad, I always get them a gift certificate to a Bed and Breakfast and add in something small for each one. 3. Make a list of everyone you'll need to buy for.  I make