Sunday, February 14, 2010
Valentine's Day Chocolate Testing
Matt and I had such a fun time with our own at home chocolate tasting. I encourage you to try this sometime. It's amazing how trying the chocolates next to each other changes things . Some tips I found online were:
1. Have a glass of water or plain green tea to clean your palate in between each taste.
2. Start with milk chocolate and move to dark chocolate.
3. Snap the chocolate first. Good chocolate should have a good snap (according to "them").
4. Move each bit of chocolate around your mouth hitting all your taste buds.
Not very snappy
Not very ‘chocolaty’
2. Dollar tree million dollar bar
Not chocolaty… almost fruity
Slightly softer than previous 2
Very smooth rich creamy flavor
More chocolate flavor than previous 2
4. Ghirardelli 83% cocoa
Not at all creamy
Slightly fruity at end of bite
(spit out by matt)
5. Lindt Dark 70% cacao
Deeper chocolate smell than #4
Not creamy (but more so than #4)
Not as bitter as #4
Mandi's Favorites From Most Favorite to Least:
Matt's Most Favorite to Least:
Something I just need to throw out there since it is Valentine's Day. I want to thank my mom for making every Valentine's Day special for us. She also made sure we had an extra special meal with hearts of some kind in it. And, of course chocolate too:) That is one of the many fond memories I have of growing up. Thanks mom for making all those years so special! I only hope I can make it at least half as special for my family.