Skip to main content

My 2018/2019 Favorite Amazon Purchases

We use amazon a lot here.  Being sick every day of my life, amazon makes it so much easier to shop whether it's for me, my family or for gifts.  I love watching youtube videos of other people's favorite items, so that gave me an idea.  Why not do a blog post of mine! 


Rubbermaid Modular Food Storage Cereal Container with Flip Top.  This is the perfect size to fit large boxes of cereal in.  I've had my first one for years but just ended up getting a second one because we love it so much!  No more stale cereal!


  


Nissin Chicken Ramen Noodle - I saw these on a youtube video and had to get them for my kids.  You need a large bowl to make these in, in order to put all the water recommended in it.  We also added some vegetables and topped with sriracha.  My boys said these were the best ever.  I thought they were good but not "the best".  




Sistema To Go Collection 1.18 oz. Salad Dressing Containers.  These have worked great for my boys lunches!  I needed something to send in their lunch bags that wouldn't open up and spill.  They have used these for months with no issues.  Yay!


EasyLunchboxes 3-Compartment Bento Lunch Box Containers.  I have used these personally for a couple years and love them!  I started using them in my boys lunch and somehow they ended up cracking a corner.  I don't know if it was them or the container.  That said, I still love these.  The lids keep whatever is in the separate sections contained to that section.  Perfect bento style lunch containers.  Microwave and dishwasher safe too.  



A2 LENRUE Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Built-in-Mic,Handsfree.  This has been perfect for me!  I like to listen to audio books and podcasts during the day when I'm doing my chores.  My phone never quite cut it being loud enough.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't super loud and don't expect crazy bass but for the purposes I use it for it's perfect.  







Hermitshell Hard EVA Travel Case fits LENRUE Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker.  Because I didn't want my speaker unprotected from little boys and when traveling, I got a case for it.  Exactly what I was looking for - a hard shell case.  



Cell Phone Desk Stand Holder.  My desk has a finish that scratches easily.  My phone has a ring on the back which could really mess up my desk.  My solution?  This stand!  I saw reviews from you tubers that loved this specific stand.  The price was right so why not.  It's basic, but I don't need much and it's working great for what it's intended for.  






Last but not least, The Squatty Potty!  I purchased the first one for a family member in my household that has IBS.  I read it could be really helpful.  I used it once and was hooked.  My boys then begged me to get one for their bathroom since the one I purchased was on the main floor.  Every bathroom in our home now has a Squatty Potty.  Don't knock it till you try it ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adult Tonsillectomy Story

Post Surgery as soon as I arrived home. For anyone who really knows me, I have always been completely terrified of surgery.  So when I went to an ENT and he said I needed a tonsillectomy I was not very happy.  I found out in either January or February and I couldn't make my appointment till the end of June because that's when my husband could get off work to help out.  I wrote this so I could hopefully help someone going through the same thing.  Without further ado, here goes. Week Before Surgery: This is when I started purchasing everything I had seen online that might be helpful.  I also started setting up an area on the main floor where I could be inclined for sleeping and have everything at my finger tips.  At the bottom of this post I will have a list of items that I personally found helpful for my recovery.  I also have food allergies and tried to stay away from them as much as possible.  So my food options may seem different than many online. Two Days Before Su

Planters Warts and Duct Tape

So, my daughter ended up having this very sore spot on her heel. I thought she had gotten a sliver in it and it was pushing it's way out. After having my friend, Sheryl, look at it we discovered it was actually a planters wart. After a bit of searching online I found the cheapest and easiest way for removal - duct tape. Sounds like something on the Red, Green show doesn't it? lol I also realized I had one on my big toe on my left foot. As you can see in the pictures above, where the duct tape is there is a clearly defined circle in the center. Underneath there is where our planters warts are. We have been using duct tape now for about a week. Somewhere around day 4, Allysha came up to me and said "some white stuff came off on the duct tape when I took it off". This was some dead skin cells. A day or so later we started seeing black spots inside her wart area meaning it is dying. Allysha has only had hers for a few months while I've had mine for a

Christmas Gift Planning Year Round

Picture borrowed from http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/09/get-a-jump-start-on-holiday-shopping.html/christmas-presents I love to plan my Christmas gifts starting in January.  This helps me not only save money but save sanity.  I save money because I have all year to look for those specific items and it saves my sanity because my family is not stressed about what to get someone.  We're prepared. Here's a few steps that have helped me. 1. First decide if you want to make all/some of your gifts.  If you want to make them, try to find neat and unique ideas online.  I LOVE pinterest.com for getting great ideas. 2. Is there someone in your family that has a lot of stuff?  For those people I get the same thing every year.  For our grandparents we do pictures in some form and homemade goodies.  For my mom and dad, I always get them a gift certificate to a Bed and Breakfast and add in something small for each one. 3. Make a list of everyone you'll need to buy for.  I make