I bet you're wondering what the Brother in a Bag is eigh? Well you'll just have to wait.
Last night I had made a dessert that my family was to enjoy tonight - the first evening of my husband's 2 week Christmas vacation! My son brought me the bowl while at the computer. I told him he could not have a bowl of it at the moment but if he got me a spoon we'd try it together. We tried it together and then I told him to put it back in the fridge. Well, my son left with the bowl towards the fridge. About 45 minutes later Allysha was getting ready to go up the stairs and saw a nasty site. The bowl of dessert was on the landing and a bit of the dessert was spread all over the stairway. Praying as I went, I saw the most horrid. I let Jonathan know that it was not good to disobey mommy. He was disciplined and again I told him that it was naughty what he did. That mommy and Jesus want him to be a good boy. While sitting on the couch in his "time out" he said "mommy, I'm a bad boy". His sister immediately chimed in and said "oh no Johnny, you're not a bad boy - what you did was bad". It was so neat to hear the rest of their conversation. Tonight after dinner, everyone but Jon got the special dessert - what was left of it anyway. When told he would not get any because he already had some, he was bummed but took it like a man. I'm so proud of him in the midst of his disobedience this afternoon.
I found a recipe entitled PIzza Bites on the For the Love of Cooking blog awhile back. My mother-in-law had brought over a bag of frozen bread rolls not realizing I had already made some from scratch. I thought it'd be neat to alter the recipe a bit that I had seen online and make these fun little bites. You will see my daughter (or rather her hands) making these yummy treats.
1 cup meat
2 cups cheese
1 package frozen dinner rolls- thawed
freshly grated romano
1. Mix the cheese, meat of choice (we used cut up pepperoni) and just enough sauce to wet the mixture.
2. By hand, flatten out a dough ball and place a teaspoon full of mixture inside. Seal it up by pinching the sides together and place sealed side down on a baking pan. Repeat till all rolls are filled.
3. Mix together a bit of olive oil and garlic powder. With a basting brush put some on top and sides of each pizza bite.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 16 minutes or till bread is done all the way through.
5. When they come out of the oven, place on a serving platter and shred some fresh romano cheese on the top. Enjoy!
Last but not least, the moment you've been waiting for - finding out what a Brother in a Bag is. We were sitting down at the table eating our dessert while Joshua was on the floor on the living room. All the sudden he started crying. Jon ran over to help his little brother. In order to entertain his brother, Jon got Lyshie's large chico bag and proceeded to try and put Joshua inside. Thankfully, the bag just ended up lain on top of Joshua. And, needless to say, Jon had totally calmed Joshua down. Oh what we'll have in store for us next. lol!