Skip to main content

The Florida Chronicles Part 5

Being pretty stinkin' worn out from last night, I slept in till about 10 am!  I awoke to find breakfast from Panera.  Mmmm, my hubby sure knows me!  For reasons I'll not go into now, we ended up calling many places in the area to finally find Jonathan a pull string Woody doll.  It was too cold to go to the beach unfortunately :(  After that we went to a fun book shop where I could have probably stayed all day and spent lots of $$.  However, not a penny was spent which was a good thing.




 Lyshie at Johnny Rockets with Joshie.

Me at Johnny's.

Jon at Johnny Rockets.

The view outside the restaurant.

Inside Johnny Rockets.

What they do to every bowl of ketchup.  Cute!



It was already lunch time at this point.  We found Bonefish Grille which looked fabulous and piled out of the car only to find out that it didn't open till 4pm.  Stink!  So, on to Johnny Rockets, which still proved to be fun.

Inside of Shell World.

 Another inside picture of Shell World.  See the bulk shell bins?

After that we headed out to a place called Shell World.  Since we didn't go to the beach, I was hoping to find shells that were originally found on the Florida shores.  We were in luck!!!  I got a few other things to which we'll be using for school as well as having them as souveniers.    Next, on to our hotel to get some R and R till a bit later.  Joshie, Matt and I are all ready for a nap.  They are already sleeping while I'm blogging away.  I better lay my head down before nap time is over.  More later :)

 The view outside our resort.  So pretty at night!

Winter Park

Winter Park Heritage Museum.

Harry & Larry's Bar-B-Que.

WInter Park City Hall.


The nap was fabulous!  Matt and I both woke up more refreshed than when we went down.  We decided to try out a BBQ place in Winter Park.  We got ribs, briskit and pulled pork along with sweet potato fries and coleslaw.  The food was fabulous!  The little town was gorgeous as well.  If we ever make it back down to Florida, we hope to stay for a bit in Winter Park.

 Lyshie at the Clubhouse.

 Jon playing at the Clubhouse.

 Mama and Jon elk hunting.

 Joshie playing at the Clubhouse.

After dinner we arrived back at the hotel and played on the club house.  This was our first time in there and boy, a person could spend a lot of $$$ in there if they weren't careful.  You get 4 tolkens for ever dollar you put in the vending machine.  The kids played a racing game where you sit in the race car seat.  Jon and I played a hunting game which was SO fun!  For every shot you took, you had to cock the gun and reload.  It was sweet!  Matt and I both tried our hand at winning prizes.  We also went in the photo booth together which was so fun!

Well, we will now call it a night after we get back into our hotel room and pack up.  We must leave early tomorrow morning if we want to get to Tennessee at a reasonable time to once again sleep and wake up early.  Homeward bound; I'm not sure if I'm ready for it quite yet.

Comments

Jamie said…
Looks like an amazing and blessed time!

Popular posts from this blog

My Adult Tonsillectomy Story

Post Surgery as soon as I arrived home. For anyone who really knows me, I have always been completely terrified of surgery.  So when I went to an ENT and he said I needed a tonsillectomy I was not very happy.  I found out in either January or February and I couldn't make my appointment till the end of June because that's when my husband could get off work to help out.  I wrote this so I could hopefully help someone going through the same thing.  Without further ado, here goes. Week Before Surgery: This is when I started purchasing everything I had seen online that might be helpful.  I also started setting up an area on the main floor where I could be inclined for sleeping and have everything at my finger tips.  At the bottom of this post I will have a list of items that I personally found helpful for my recovery.  I also have food allergies and tried to stay away from them as much as possible.  So my food options may seem different than many online. Two Days Before Su

Planters Warts and Duct Tape

So, my daughter ended up having this very sore spot on her heel. I thought she had gotten a sliver in it and it was pushing it's way out. After having my friend, Sheryl, look at it we discovered it was actually a planters wart. After a bit of searching online I found the cheapest and easiest way for removal - duct tape. Sounds like something on the Red, Green show doesn't it? lol I also realized I had one on my big toe on my left foot. As you can see in the pictures above, where the duct tape is there is a clearly defined circle in the center. Underneath there is where our planters warts are. We have been using duct tape now for about a week. Somewhere around day 4, Allysha came up to me and said "some white stuff came off on the duct tape when I took it off". This was some dead skin cells. A day or so later we started seeing black spots inside her wart area meaning it is dying. Allysha has only had hers for a few months while I've had mine for a

Christmas Gift Planning Year Round

Picture borrowed from http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/09/get-a-jump-start-on-holiday-shopping.html/christmas-presents I love to plan my Christmas gifts starting in January.  This helps me not only save money but save sanity.  I save money because I have all year to look for those specific items and it saves my sanity because my family is not stressed about what to get someone.  We're prepared. Here's a few steps that have helped me. 1. First decide if you want to make all/some of your gifts.  If you want to make them, try to find neat and unique ideas online.  I LOVE pinterest.com for getting great ideas. 2. Is there someone in your family that has a lot of stuff?  For those people I get the same thing every year.  For our grandparents we do pictures in some form and homemade goodies.  For my mom and dad, I always get them a gift certificate to a Bed and Breakfast and add in something small for each one. 3. Make a list of everyone you'll need to buy for.  I make