Skip to main content

The Florida Chronicles Part 3


Today I awoke around 7:00am.  Not intentionally mind you, but when I'm in a new place I can never sleep as long as I'd like or need to.  Joshie came over to cuddle and before you knew it, Jon was up and cuddling as well. I love morning cuddles!  We're all still very much loving our room at The Fountains! 

First on our list of things to do today was go to breakfast.  We ended up going to Denny's (my first time) which ended up being unexpectadly very good! 

Right after Denny's we went to a BlueGreen presentation.  Oh, headache city!  We were able to put the two older kids in a room where they could play; but the baby had to stay with us.  He was not at all happy and we actually got the boot from our presenter when the baby would not be quiet.  We ended up sitting, walking around and touring all kinds of places with our personal "helper".  I honestly can't remember what he's called at the moment.  rofl!  The resort is gorgeous but paying over $20,000 just to vacation and then paying monthly fees, etc... is just not our style of living.  So yeah...regardless of the horrible 2 1/2 hours that it took, we did get $75 off our Disney tickets as well as a free 2 night/3 day stay at another one of their resorts.  So, it was all worth it!

Milli's Jamaican Cafe!

Wall decor.

Matt's Jerk Chicken, "peas and rice" (beans and rice) and cabbage.

Lyshie's chicken brown stew with peas and rice and cabbage.

My chicken curry, peas and rice and cabbage.  Not spicy, just really flavorful!

Meat patties for the boys.

Next up was on to Milli's Jamaican Cafe.  I read about this place online weeks before we left.  I kept looking and looking over the menu to figure out what to get.  You see, my dad has gone to Jamaica several times on missions trips and I've heard so much about it and the food; I just had to go!  It was all we hoped it would be and more.  I was bummed I didn't get to meet Milli since I had to take Joshie out and change his diaper at the time she met the rest of my family.  Oh well.  The food was out of this world!  I was even able to get my dad some authentic Jamaican Jerk seasoning.  Matthew got the Jerk Chicken, I got the Chicken Curry, Lyshie got the Brown Stew (chicken) and Jon and Joshie got the meat patteis.  Unfortunately, the meat patties were spicy - I really thought they weren't.  So, they shared Lyshie's and my food.  The chicken meals all came with rice and peas (beans) and a wonderful cabbage.  Mmm!  We're hoping to go back before the vacation is over.

After Milli's, we went to Target to pick up a few things and on to a coffee shop for Matthew and I.  Needless to say, the coffee was horrid.  Oh well...

Lego animal displays.

Huge T-Rex!

Lego people display.

One of Matt's coveted lego kits.

Lyshie and Buzz.  Watch those hands Buzz!

Jon and Mr. Potato Head.

Only the coolest Tinker Toys I've ever seen!

Me and Woody.

After coming back to the hotel for a rest, we went to Downtown Disney Marketplace for some sight seeing and a bit of shopping.  I think all of us can agree that our favorite place was the Lego store.  So SWEET!  We told the kids they could each purchase one item during this trip and to choose wisely. Jon got a Woody and Buzz Lego set.  He's very excited about it.  Matthew's taste was a bit expensive so we unfortunately had to pass on that for now.  I took detailed pictures of what he wants in the hopes that I can find it either new or used somewhere at a discount.

Right now, Matthew has brought our dinner of Dominoes to the table in our room and we're getting ready to feast on our pizza - at 8:23!  What a late dinner!  Tomorrow is Disney World.  I'm so hoping we all get the rest we need and all have an excellant time.  Only time will tell.  I'll see you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adult Tonsillectomy Story

Post Surgery as soon as I arrived home. For anyone who really knows me, I have always been completely terrified of surgery.  So when I went to an ENT and he said I needed a tonsillectomy I was not very happy.  I found out in either January or February and I couldn't make my appointment till the end of June because that's when my husband could get off work to help out.  I wrote this so I could hopefully help someone going through the same thing.  Without further ado, here goes. Week Before Surgery: This is when I started purchasing everything I had seen online that might be helpful.  I also started setting up an area on the main floor where I could be inclined for sleeping and have everything at my finger tips.  At the bottom of this post I will have a list of items that I personally found helpful for my recovery.  I also have food allergies and tried to stay away from them as much as possible.  So my food options may seem different than many online. Two Days Before Su

Planters Warts and Duct Tape

So, my daughter ended up having this very sore spot on her heel. I thought she had gotten a sliver in it and it was pushing it's way out. After having my friend, Sheryl, look at it we discovered it was actually a planters wart. After a bit of searching online I found the cheapest and easiest way for removal - duct tape. Sounds like something on the Red, Green show doesn't it? lol I also realized I had one on my big toe on my left foot. As you can see in the pictures above, where the duct tape is there is a clearly defined circle in the center. Underneath there is where our planters warts are. We have been using duct tape now for about a week. Somewhere around day 4, Allysha came up to me and said "some white stuff came off on the duct tape when I took it off". This was some dead skin cells. A day or so later we started seeing black spots inside her wart area meaning it is dying. Allysha has only had hers for a few months while I've had mine for a

Christmas Gift Planning Year Round

Picture borrowed from http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/09/get-a-jump-start-on-holiday-shopping.html/christmas-presents I love to plan my Christmas gifts starting in January.  This helps me not only save money but save sanity.  I save money because I have all year to look for those specific items and it saves my sanity because my family is not stressed about what to get someone.  We're prepared. Here's a few steps that have helped me. 1. First decide if you want to make all/some of your gifts.  If you want to make them, try to find neat and unique ideas online.  I LOVE pinterest.com for getting great ideas. 2. Is there someone in your family that has a lot of stuff?  For those people I get the same thing every year.  For our grandparents we do pictures in some form and homemade goodies.  For my mom and dad, I always get them a gift certificate to a Bed and Breakfast and add in something small for each one. 3. Make a list of everyone you'll need to buy for.  I make