(picture taken from Budget Wise Home)
I have seen some really neat ideas online on how people celebrate Advent in different ways. The definition of advent is a coming into place, view or being; arrival. As we move into December, we want to really keep our focus on Christ and what He did for us. Here is a list of things we plan to do for Advent. Do you celebrate Advent and if so, what are your traditions? We don't have a fancy calendar. We printed off pictures of the creche and wrote things on the backs of those pictures. We then hang them up and depending on how the day goes, we pick one thing instead of going in order. This helps ensure we actually get everything done regardless of what kind of day we have.
Our Advent List:
2. Read a Christmas story
3. Get our Christmas Tree and decorate
4. Make ornaments for the tree
5. Make goodies to take to neighbors
7. Wrap gifts.
8. Put lights up outside
9. Draw and color a picture of Jesus birth.
10. Go to a living nativity.
12. Drive around to see all the Christmas lights.
13. Help a family in need.
15. Look through all the Christmas cards we've received and pray for the families.
16. Write and send letters to shut-ins and soldiers.
17. Donate clothes and toys to Goodwill or other charity.
18. Make paper snowflakes.
19. In the evening only use candle light and talk about how Jesus is the light of the world.
21. Make a star tree topper for the tree.
22. Play with a nativity and have the kids tell the story.