Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our Christmas Favorites

Some years I've felt so overwhelmed with school that I chose to do pretty much nothing in the way of crafts, readings and movies to teach the children about Christmas; Jesus birth. Don't get me wrong, we talked about it and read through the bible, but I didn't do much extra at times to reinforce it. It has since occurred to me that anything we do; small and time consuming or not, it's helping teach our children about the true meaning of Christmas. Below is a list of resources we have found to be most helpful for our family. I know as always, I'm sure I'm missing something. Sorry about that. In the meantime, I encourage you to sit down and read with your children, do little crafts and watch movies that reinforce Christ's birth. You will never regret doing so.

4 week Christmas Unit Study - Chris Downes has a great resource she has put together online for teaching about the true meaning of Christmas. The beauty of this study is you can pick and choose what to do with your children.

The Nativity Story - Dvd


The Christmas Story - a little golden book


Happy Birthday Jesus - song


Mary Did You Know - song

No comments: