Skip to main content

Mother's Day!


I hope your Mother's Day was a wonderful as mine. I felt so much love from my family yesterday. I don't want you to think that I don't every day; however, yesterday they made sure to do all the things that make me feel extra special.

Matt stayed up very late the night before to make me some very yummy cheesecake. He was up till almost 3am! When we got up he made me a breakfast of farm fresh sausage and (store bought) eggs. Unfortunately, my egg was spoiled. We didn't know that till I took my 3rd bite and realized it just was not right. I told him people will ask what I got for Mother's Day and I'll say "food poisoning", rofl! In the midst of there somewhere, Jon had given me his gifts. It was 2 cookie sheets! I have needed these for so long! My only cookie sheet had gotten ruined. What a huge blessing! What a perfect gift coming from our little cook.

We headed off to church, everyone exhausted, but we made it. :) Good service and nice friends. God is good.

On the way home we planned on having Matt grill but he was too exhausted. We ended up going to the Mongolian BBQ. It's so fun making your own special food creations and watching people cook it in front of you. Very fun!

We got home and had some fabulous cheesecake. It was then that Lyshie gave me the card she made me and told me what she was going to make me with daddy's help - a wind chime! I LOVE wind chimes! I can't wait to see it done! I was also told by Matt that he is going to make me a greenhouse! It will be about 6x8 feet. I'm so excited!

Last but def. not least, here is what was in the card I got from my fabulous daughter yesterday. I cried at more than one place.

she made it herself and here is what it said page by page (minus the cover page).

page 1:
Mother's Day
The air is sweet
and filled with flowers
I hope that May
will give us showers.
But there is just no time to play
for tomorrow's name is Mother's Day!

page 2:
This page was a ton of coupons she made for me.
Free special dessert
Free cleaning of your room
Free mopping, dusting and cleaning toilets.
Free book reading (I will read out loud to you)
Free piece of artwork (on whatever topic you want.)
Free bunch of flowers
Free picnic
Double movie pick (have your pick of two movies in a row)
Free girls night (Joshua can come)
Free special time alone with dad
Work free meals (good for only one day).

page 3:
Weather picture for you....
she drew a picture of a tornado (she's really into them right now), then me flying up to save people with a flower on my shirt and the name of Wonder Mom.

page 4:
If there was one thing I would change about my mom, it would be, NOTHING (I really cried here).

page 5:
A picture for you (it was a baby foal)

page 6:
A picture of our family that she drew.

page 7:
I love my mom because...
she's kind
she cares about me
she helps us kids
she teaches us important things
she makes sure we stick with our promise and duties
Makes our food without complaining
and helps when people get hurt.

page 8:
I also love my mom because,
She helps us keep the house clean so no one steps on toys or trips on them.
She helps us with our school.
She always makes up with dad after a fight.
She makes us try to have fun.
And best of all, she loves us.

page 9:
she made me a word search on this page :)

page 10:
Happy Mother's Day (we love you!). It then has a picture of a cake, flowers, a heart and balloon.

page 11:
The end.

I can't think God enough for my children and my husband. They are so dear to me. I hope you all had as fabulous of a Mother's Day as I did. It's so good knowing I'm loved.

Comments

Sandi said…
awwwwwww...reminds me of ones MY KIDS used to make for me.
hugs~

Popular posts from this blog

My Adult Tonsillectomy Story

Post Surgery as soon as I arrived home. For anyone who really knows me, I have always been completely terrified of surgery.  So when I went to an ENT and he said I needed a tonsillectomy I was not very happy.  I found out in either January or February and I couldn't make my appointment till the end of June because that's when my husband could get off work to help out.  I wrote this so I could hopefully help someone going through the same thing.  Without further ado, here goes. Week Before Surgery: This is when I started purchasing everything I had seen online that might be helpful.  I also started setting up an area on the main floor where I could be inclined for sleeping and have everything at my finger tips.  At the bottom of this post I will have a list of items that I personally found helpful for my recovery.  I also have food allergies and tried to stay away from them as much as possible.  So my food options may seem different than many online. Two Days Before Su

Planters Warts and Duct Tape

So, my daughter ended up having this very sore spot on her heel. I thought she had gotten a sliver in it and it was pushing it's way out. After having my friend, Sheryl, look at it we discovered it was actually a planters wart. After a bit of searching online I found the cheapest and easiest way for removal - duct tape. Sounds like something on the Red, Green show doesn't it? lol I also realized I had one on my big toe on my left foot. As you can see in the pictures above, where the duct tape is there is a clearly defined circle in the center. Underneath there is where our planters warts are. We have been using duct tape now for about a week. Somewhere around day 4, Allysha came up to me and said "some white stuff came off on the duct tape when I took it off". This was some dead skin cells. A day or so later we started seeing black spots inside her wart area meaning it is dying. Allysha has only had hers for a few months while I've had mine for a

Christmas Gift Planning Year Round

Picture borrowed from http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/09/get-a-jump-start-on-holiday-shopping.html/christmas-presents I love to plan my Christmas gifts starting in January.  This helps me not only save money but save sanity.  I save money because I have all year to look for those specific items and it saves my sanity because my family is not stressed about what to get someone.  We're prepared. Here's a few steps that have helped me. 1. First decide if you want to make all/some of your gifts.  If you want to make them, try to find neat and unique ideas online.  I LOVE pinterest.com for getting great ideas. 2. Is there someone in your family that has a lot of stuff?  For those people I get the same thing every year.  For our grandparents we do pictures in some form and homemade goodies.  For my mom and dad, I always get them a gift certificate to a Bed and Breakfast and add in something small for each one. 3. Make a list of everyone you'll need to buy for.  I make