Wednesday, July 15, 2009
The Best Pizza Dough - Grandma Good's:)
I've been married now for 6 amazingly wonderful years to my perfect match. During that time I have used several different pizza dough recipes trying to find that one that is just right. Back track a bit to our first year of marriage. Among other food items, my Grandma Good gave me a container of yeast and her pizza crust recipe. I don't think I ever used the recipe since it had gotten lost in my recipe box. The picture of that lovely lady above is my dear Grandma Good.
Just recently I decided I'd go ahead and make it. Guess what, it's not only the best, it's the easiest pizza dough to make. No long rising time or anything. Here it is. Thanks so much Grandma Good! I only wish you lived closer so I could share some pizza with you.
Indredients: 1 cup plus 1/3 well rounded cup flour
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup warm water
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and add warm water.
2. Mix all above well with a fork.
3. Cover and let rest 5-10 minutes.
4. Turn out onto greased pan or ungreased pizza stone and roll out to the edges of the pan.
5. Top with favorite toppings and bake at 425 - 450 degrees till done. When the top looks done, the rest should be:)