These items are not only safe but cheap! Gotta love that. They also work incredibly well. These two items are baking soda and white distilled vinegar.
1. Plugged Drains - Pour 1/2 cup baking soda down drain followed by 1/2 cup vinegar. If the clog is very bad, skim off floaties that come to the surface and repeat. After it won't bubble anymore, give it one or two good plunges and it should be free.
2. Mix 1/4 cup baking soda in a sink full of water to wash fruits and veggies.
3. Put out a grease fire with baking soda.
4. Deodorize fridge and freezer by putting a box of baking soda in each one.
5. Add to presoaked beans to make them more digestible.
6. Dissolve 2T. baking soda in a bit of water placed in a microwave safe bowl. Put in microwave and heat till boiling. You should easily be able to clean out stuck on food on the microwave.
7. Place 1 cup vinegar on the bottom shelf of your dishwasher. Wash on the hottest, longest cycle. This will help clean your dishwasher. It's best to do this with nothing else in there.
8. You can clean most kitchen floors with a mixture of 1 part water and 1 part white distilled vinegar.
9. Wash windows with 1 part vinegar and 1 part water.
10. Clean your coffee pot - Once a month fill with white vinegar and run through brew cycle. Rinse with 2 cycles of cold water.
11. Clean your garbage disposal - Mix 1 cup vinegar in enough water to fill ice cube tray. Freeze, then grind in disposal.
12. Deoderize lunch box - Soak a napkin in vingar and place in lunch box overnight. In the morning, discard.
13. Buttermilk replacement - add a bit of vinegar to milk and let sit for about 3-5 minutes.
1. Clean sinks, and tub with baking soda and a scrubbie pad.
2. Clean toilets with 1 part vinegar and one part water.
3. Wash windows with 1 part vinegar and 1 part water.
Health and Beauty:
1. Chicken Pox, Poison Ivy, etc... - Put 1/2 cup baking soda in water and it will help relieve itching.
2. Cleaning Teeth: Dip your brush in baking soda and scrub. I will warn you - it tastes very salty.
3. Clean combs and brushes with a mixture of baking soda and water.
4. Dandruff Relief: Pour a few tablespoons vinegar on scalp, work in and let sit a few minute's. Rinse and repeat till dandruff is gone:)
5. Try the No Shampoo Challenge!! This uses baking soda and apple cider vinegar.
1. Sprinkle baking soda on floors and upholstery and let sit for 1/2 hour, then vacuum. This should help remove odors.
2. Pet Urine - Use 1 part white vinegar and 1 part water. Spray on area and clean.
1. Fill a sock with baking soda and tie closed. Sit in a shoe that needs deodorized.
1. Presoak cloth diapers in 1/2 cup baking soda. Put 1/2 cup vinegar in the rinse cycle. These will keep your diapers clean and free of the urine smell.
Outside and in the Garage:
1. Baking soda and water paste makes a great chrome cleaner.
2. Put out fires in your garage with baking soda.
3. Wash garbage cans with baking soda.
4. Take a potato peel and dip it in some baking soda. Rub vigorously on rust and watch it disappear.