Saturday, June 26, 2010
Christmas Shopping Already?
Some people think I'm crazy, some envy me and some do the same thing I do. Granted, everyone has those hard to buy for people. They change their mind like the changing of the wind. Those people I purchase things for last. However, for kids, some adults and parents, if you have an idea of what you want to do, why not buy ahead? Why?
1. $20-$30 spent here or there doesn't seem like a big deal. Hundreds of dollars in one month does. It causes many people to put things on credit cards or not hold up their end of a gift bargain if they have drawn names. Totally not fair for anyone.
2. It gives you time to bargain shop. I love finding special goodies in clearance sections, especially for my nieces and nephews. Then, I can get them more than I normally would have if I would have purchased everything at retail price.
3. It makes the season itself much less stressful because you've already done most of your shopping.
Here are a couple tips:
1. Keep totes or bins labeled "Christmas gifts".
2. Make a list on your computer or on paper (something you won't lose), of who you have to buy or make things for and what you have gotten already. This is very important so you know exactly what you still need.
3. If you're thinking of making homemade jam, now is the time. Start making up that homemade freezer strawberry jam before the season is over!
So, really, anyone can do this if they want to. It's super easy. Have fun shopping. We have 6 1/2 months till Christmas. Let the countdown begin!