Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2009

Our very first Muffin Tin Monday


I found this idea at this site and loved it! What a great way to ease into a Monday after a busy weekend and use up some little bits of food here and there. The kids are totally loving it.

Lyshie's Tin has the following:
Baked Wheat Crackers
Dates and Bananas
Refried Beans
Carrots
Tortilla Chips
Celery and Dip

Jon's tin is a mini tin so it has duplicates in it:
Cottage Cheese
Baked Wheat Crackers
Swiss Cheese Cubes
Carrots
Dates
Refried Beans
Bananas
Celery

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love that idea!

Anonymous said...

la gente tiene hambre.......

Amanda said...

Did you have much food left at the end of the day? I tried this once, and I don't know if it was just that day, but I felt like I ended up wasting food b/c Graeme didn't eat it all, but it had sat out all afternoon. Maybe once he is a little older with more of an appetite, because I love the idea!

P.S. We're going to try a Mountain Rose Herbs co-op on GreenOps - I remembered you'd wanted one before, so I just wanted to LYK, in case you want to order some things :)

Amanda Kaake said...

No I didn't. lol. But I have a 9 1/2 year old and one that's almost 3 who eats a lot. Plus I used up stuff that needed to get used up so I wouldn't feel as bad if it didn't get eaten. Maybe just do smaller servings or leave some holes empty? Thanks for letting me know about the co-op!