Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Vegetable Soup



It is a lovely day in August here in Michigan and we decided to make a batch of vegetable soup.  We have had lots of green beans lately so why not?  Here is a recipe we threw together and love!  Next time I hope to make a double batch and freeze some.

Vegetable Soup
Ingredients:
1 large sweet onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 tablespoons butter
2-3 cups fresh green beans, chopped
1 medium zucchini, pealed and diced
1 - 14.5oz can diced petite tomatoes and sweet onions (hubby had these on hand so I used it)
6 cups broth or stock - we used beef broth

Directions:
1. Heat pan on medium heat and put in butter, onions and celery.  Saute till just tender.
2. Add in the green beans, tomatoes (do not drain), zucchini, and broth.
3. Turn on high and bring to a boil then turn down to medium heat and simmer till green beans are just tender.

It's that simple!  My kids and I love the flavor of this soup.  I think the tomatoes with sweet onions definitely had something to do with that.  We didn't even salt or pepper this.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

YUMMY!! You can make me some and ship it down here!! hee hee

PS I have tried three times now to get this to post. Can't make out the stupid word verification!!!! grrrrr

Amanda Kaake said...

Lol! If it would keep I would.