Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Taco Soup with Leftover Taco Meat!



I was trying to figure out a recipe to use up almost a pound of already cooked and seasoned ground beef.  The taco meat had hot seasoning so I didn't season the soup at all.  If you use a more mild seasoning, you may want to season more.  Here's to leftovers!

Ingredients:
1 lb precooked taco meat
1 diced onion
2 cans beans - pinto, black, kidney or a combination, drained but not rinsed
1 can corn - do not drain!
1 can diced tomatoes

Directions:
1. Add taco meat and onions in a pan and heat through on medium heat.
2. Add rest of ingredients in the pan, stir and put the lid on.  Simmer on medium/low for about 20 minutes or till everything is cooked through.
3. Serve topped with sour cream and cheddar cheese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have abt 2 lbs of taco meat and about 4 cups of mexican rice left over. I think I am going to make a soup with it tonight, adding some beans for extra flavor and fiber. I'll let you know how it turns out!