Search This Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2011

You're Living in Luxury - Be Thankful!


Going upstairs to my room in 90 degree weather and pulling up a sheet because my room is cool...
that is a luxury.



Not wanting the food I have in the fridge so I go out and purchase something else.  
That is a luxury.



Having a vehicle to get around in.
That is a luxury.


(Little Dresses for Africa Ministry)
Not sure which outfit I'll choose today.
That is a luxury.



Being able to purchase a book for my shelf.
That is a luxury.



My kids being able to play in a clean and safe area.
That is a luxury.



Being able to eat 3 meals a day.
That is a luxury.



Having water (hot water at that) to bathe, wash clothe and dishes in.
That is a luxury.



Having comfortable furniture to sit on and beds to sleep on.
That is a luxury.


Before you continue your day, be thankful and do what you can to help those around you.

Matthew 25:40 "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of mine, even the least of them, you did it to me.'

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Brent was making a similar observation just last night as we sat on our deck watching a fire burn in the firepit. We have a home, a good-sized yard in the country, so much food to eat that we're sometimes "stuffed", and the list could go on and on.

v8ellison said...

oh Amanda this post is so great. Wish I could share it on Facebook. Thank You. You're right, we live in luxury, Lord forgive me for ever feeling ungrateful!

Amanda Kaake said...

Thank you v8ellison. I tried looking for a "share on facebook" button but coudln't find one for certain posts. If you click on this title, then put that in your share box on facebook, it will show up :)