Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Find Out If Your Deficient in Iodine

My doctor said there's  a possibility I could be deficient in iodine since most of the population is, and I have a thyroid nodule.  He said there's a very simple way to find out.   It's best to do this in the morning right after a shower.  If you're local and would like to do this test, come on over in the morning and I'll let you use my solution to try it.  That way you don't have to purchase any if you're not deficient.

Here's the instructions http://www.flowermoundchiropractor.com/index.php?p=143056
I used Lugol's Solution which is what I've seen recommended online and recommended by a local pharmacist.  I could not find this in stores.  Here's what I purchased.  


12:21 PM I started my Iodine Patch Test.


 Here's what my arm looks like at 2:12 PM.


Here's what my arm looks like at 3:05 PM.  I know the lighting is different, sorry about that.


Here's what my arm looks like at 4:55 PM.  You can barely tell it's there anymore.

I called my doctor and he said to take 2-3 drops Lugol's per day.  Yeah for a couple more answers.

I'm thinking I might do this on my boys as well.  I know for sure my daughter is not deficient.  She had surgery awhile back and the stain stayed there for a few days!  Praise God for that!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Does that mean you are deficient? Glad you are getting some answers :)

Amanda Kaake said...

Yes it does :)