Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Master Bedroom Rehaul!

My bedroom needs a major rehaul!  It has been a shared room with the babies for years!  My goal is to create a space where hubby and I can both go and relax.  We would love to relax without children in the room, without crumbs on the bed, and in space that is eye appealing - giving off the feeling of being comfortable.  

My plans:
1. Repaint!  This is the only room I didn't repaint when we purchased the house.  Well, other than the laundry room.  When we first moved in Jon drew all over the walls.  I tried everything; even magic eraser to no avail.

2. Cover the cedar chest.  The cedar chest was a graduation gift from my parents.  It is not holding my daughters "hope chest" items.  That said, there's not room for it in her room so at the foot of my bed it stays.

3. New touch lamp - I'd love to replace my broken one with something that will go more with my colors.

4. Oh yes colors - I would love to do earthy browns, greens and cream.

5. I want to purchase a couple different pieces of artwork/pictures.  I'll prob. get these from Big Lots unless I find something amazing from Goodwill.

6. I would love to replace our quilts with something else.  They are getting old and worn out.  I think if I repaint our room and replace the bed coverings, that will make a huge difference.

7. Add in a dark colored bookcase to replace the white one that is in my bedroom.

8. Get a nice hamper for the room.  We do not currently have one and our clothing gets thrown on the floor in a heap - huge eye sore!

9. Last but not least, I'd love to replace our bed frame.  Matthew doesn't like that the poles at the foot of the bed are so high.  They obstruct his view.  I'd love to remedy this for him.  This seems like it might be the most expensive fix.  We'll see what we can do.

I think that about does it for now other than cleaning the carpet.  I sure have my work cut out for me but I'm very excited to get started and start doing some deal searching!

2 comments:

Pooka said...

Good luck! That sounds like fun! I'd love to do ours, especially a new comforter.

Sandi said...

Hey don't replace the bed frame, just cut the posts off shorter (I am serious), sand and stain to match. Wa la problem solved with little money! :)