Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Family

 Invisible ink?

 My funny boy!

 Science Experiments

 What will happen next?

 My Jon trying to do a handstand.

Baby hedgehog - isn't he cute! 

Baby Burrito. 

 Jon riding his bike for the first time in 2011.

Kisses for my daughter!



I just realized it's been awhile since I've posted and I should probably get something up on here.  Our family was all on anti-biotics about 2 weeks ago (which never happens) and then followed up with a nasty cold.  When taking the kids into the doctor he said "Wow, you guys go from never being sick to all of you coming in at once".  Yep...that's what happens when you're at home 24/7, 365 days a year.  Everyone shares.  rofl!  We're still recovering but doing much better than a couple weeks ago. 

Ok enough of that...on to the fun!  It's been so nice out lately!  We've had weather in the 40's and 50's!  It's feeling a lot like spring.  I sure hope Mr. Groundhog was right in telling us that spring was on its way.  I think everyone is ready for spring this year!

Sometimes it's easy to get down in the dumps about school issues, sick family members, disappointments, etc... but the thing I cling to and need to remember is that these moments are fleeting.  They should not set my tone/mood for the day.  What do I want my children to remember about me when I'm gone?  I'd love for them to say that mom was fun, positive despite the outcome, encouraging, helpful, fun, etc... You get the idea.  Most of all I want them to know that my strength came from God!  My strength, hope, etc...all comes from the Lord.  I've been working on a new schedule for myself which includes getting up and starting the day off in the word and in prayer instead of starting it off on the computer.  Please pray for me in this.  We all know how hard habits are to break.  This one is well worth the break; I don't want it to be one of those things that I say I need and want and then don't stick with.  

So yeah...there's the short version of our family this past couple weeks.  Oh and Matt is not nearly as stressed as he used to be.  That is God alone working!  I feel like we have our family back which is a huge blessing!  A big thanks to those who have been in prayer about this.  

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the beautiful pictures and what a great little helper you have there! I have been thinking I need to be doing the same as you... starting my day off with God, not a screen. Oh boy, that's a tough one!

Amanda Kaake said...

Jamie,

Sadly enough it is hard to change things no matter how good they are. I'll be praying for you as well :)

CheshireLizzy said...

Thanks for sharing these things, Mandi, and for the updated pictures and video. We all enjoyed seeing sweet Jon in action. His voice kind of reminded me of Lysha's when she was his age. Oh, I cannot believe the lady your Lysh has become! It's just another reminder of how precious this time is with the little ones. I hope I learn my lesson.

And yes, it is so hard to start the day with the Lord, but so very necessary. I have found that the odd time I am able to read His Word and be on my knees, my day goes much better, I am less irritable, and I can cope with stress better.
I guess it would involve getting up even earlier than the kids and Chris to do this. I really should start that. Thank you for the reminder.

Sarah K said...

That is really great Mandi! I too had to get back into the habit of reading the bible and journaling in the morning. I've been working on getting up a half hour before Scarlett. Sometimes it gives me enough time to read the bible and meditate and then I'll journal at the table (or read my bible if I didn't have time earlier) while she's eating breakfast. Having a nice hot cup of tea helps too :) Taking that time makes the rest of the day go so much better. You can do it!!!!