Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Favorite Local Restaraunts

This list is subject to change at any time.

Chinese:

Gourmet Wok - Our favorite so far here is the Honey Garlic Chicken with Vegetable Fried Rice. One pint of each is more than enough to feed our family of 5. Our food is always hot, fresh and fabulous! They also have yummy almond cookies!  Thanks for the recommendation Pat Coggins!



Middle Eastern:

Badawest - I love their Chicken Shish-Ta-Wook sandwich, Hummus, Lentil Soup and Fatoosh.



Italian:

Ruggero's - This is definately an upscale Italian restaraunt. Their house bread and salad is so good! I think my favorite pasta dish from there so far has been the Pasta Al Pomodora with Chicken.  Thanks for the recommendation Ruth Dec!



Burgers:

Starlite Diner - The burgers are hand pressed and fried to perfection! In addition to their burgers, we have never had anything here we have not liked. I'm also very fond of their Western Omelet with Rye Toast (thanks Kim!).



French Cafe:

Le Grand Bistro - To date I've only been here once. However, my experience was fabulous! I had their special of the day, Meatloaf Sandwich with Aoli Sauce and a lovely Organic Salad with their own dressing. It was fabulous! I can't wait to return. The food is very high quality and unique!



Pizza:

Wize Guys - They have very fresh pizza that is not at all greasy. Their salad is also amazingly fresh and fabulous with lots of different choices. Our favorite pizza is The Goodfellas.  Thanks for the recommendation Sarah Harmer!



Breakfast:

Panera - My favorite here is the yogurt smoothie and the Spinach and Artichoke Souffle.



Mexican:

Sagebrush Cantina - The chips and salsa is yummy and the guacamole is fresh! The Chicken Rice Soup is very good, thick and filling. The only entree I've ever had is the Chicken Chimichanga minus the jalapenos. It is nothing short of amazing! It's fresh, real food!  Thanks for the recommendation, Angela Maybee!


Coffee:

The Coffee Bar - While not a huge coffee person, when I want a good decaf, I go here. Their coffee is smooth and full of wonderful flavor! Their iced coffees are wonderful and their Caramel Mocha is lovely!



Specialty Sandwich:

Oliver T's - I can't say which sandwich is my favorite. We've had several sandwiches from here and they have all been very good. The portions are very large and the quality of food is fabulous!  Thanks for the recommendaiton Aaron Liversedge!

 
Subs:
 
Jimmy Johns - My favorite here is definately the Beach Club.  First of all, the bread is perfect!  It's then topped  with an mayo, fresh veggies (including sprouts) turkey and provolone.  I like to also add avocado sauce. Mmm!  Thanks for the recommendation Jen Varberg!


BBQ:
Even before Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives featured them, we were eating at the awesome Union Woodshop in Clarkston.  Amazing one-of-a-kind bbq!


2 comments:

cheshirelizzy said...

Oh Badawest! I loved that place... the two times we went.

I went to Jimmie John's once, whilst in College. I got food poisoning and never returned. I know they can't always have bad food, but even the name, for some reason, makes me feel ever-so-slightly nauseous.
;-)

Nice list!
Love,
Beth

Amanda Kaake said...

Eeek, I understand about the food poisoning. So not fun! Yes, I miss going to BAdawest with you.