Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Leftover Makeover

What do you think we'll be making out of these leftover ingredients?


Cooked and drained leftover meat. We used italian sausage.


Leftover cooked and drained noodles.


Sliced mushrooms


Sliced onions

We had pizza the other night and I had a bit of leftover italian sausage, a few slices of onion and mushrooms and pepperoni. I thought about using the pepperoni but decided to save it for next time. Anyway, I had some leftover noodles in the fridge. Here's what I did.

1. Open a jar of pasta sauce and pour a bit in the bottom of a 2 or 3 quart glass dish. Layer a bit of meat, onion, mushrooms, noodles and some cheese. Keep doing this till you run out of ingredients.
2. Next, I microwaved all this on medium for 5 minutes, then on high for 5 minutes.

There was nothing left of this casserole after the kids were done with it. I even made this up the night before so all we had to do was pop it in the microwave today. Super simple, yummy and frugal!

No comments: