Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

It's All My Fault


The other day while in my kitchen I was thinking to myself "oh that Jon...." I'm sure you know how that goes with your own children. Then I heard this little voice saying "If that was Jon, it is your fault because you have demonstrated that to him".

Harsh reality. Does your child suffer from any of the following?

1. whining
2. complaining
3. bucking authority
4. down right bad attitude
5. rude sarcasm
6. back talking
7. yelling and screaming
8. throwing hissy fits
9. out right disobedience
etc...

The list could go on forever. This goes for any parent but especially those who have their children at home. Your children are around you more often than anyone else. If there is a problem, it's probably came from you. Now of course kids do make their own mistakes. Don't get me wrong in that. However, most people become more like those who they are around. I have talked to several people who tend to think their child is more stubborn or difficult than any other children (or our children). Unless that child has a mental disability, I would encourage that parent to go and look in the mirror. Chances are, the problem you are dealing with in them is the same problem you're having yourself. The big question is, why is it ok for you to do it when you get your child in trouble for doing the same thing?

God gave us children as a reward and a blessing. IF you do not view your child this way, I would highly encourage you to start praying about yourself and your children. Satan is the destroyer of families. He loves nothing more than to cause discord. How easily it is done when a mother is not the Godly mother she needs to be. THere is the saying "if mama an't happy, an't nobody happy". How very sad that is and yet at the same time, what a big responsibility - that one woman has that kind of power over her family and her home.

Pslam 137:3
Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.


If you're a mother who has a very mouthy child, chances are your or your husband are a very mouthy person. Whether you act this way on the phone, to your children or to your spouse.

If you're a mother who has a very whining or complaining child, chances are you or your husband whine a lot or complain.

If you're a mother who has a very spoiled child, chances are you or your husband are either spoiled yourself and/or spoil your child and cause that problem.

If you are a mother of a very sarcastic or back talking child, chances are you or your husband do the same.

My mother bought me a book when I was a young, single mom called CHildren Learn What They Live. I understood it somewhat then but didn't fully appreciate it till my child hit about 9 years old. With God's help, all things are possible! We often do not give Him the credit He deserves. Give up your problems fully to Him! You only have one chance to raise your child. Will you do it well with the Lord's guidance or will you follow your own human way which lead to destruction?

Another thought before I leave you with this lovely music video. How many times have you thought or said that some of your short comings are because of the way you were raised? That is now done and over. What are you going to do for your children? If they were grown right now, what would they say you are did to hurt their childhood? It's something you need to think about now, not when they become an adult.

To Sandi Boothman, my mother:
Mom, I'm so blessed to have you as my mother. There was never a doubt in my mind that you did not love me. You were always teaching me how to pray for those less fortunate and to help them in some way. You were always frugal with your money and did well with it - something that has helped me tremendously! You taught me the importance of being a stay at home mom. I hated those very few times I came home from school and you were not there. It was very comforting knowing that whenever I got home from school or work, you would be there. What a blessing! You were (and are) such a hard worker! I still marvel at how you made my clothes, grew a vegetable garden, canned food, made Christmas gifts, were in craft shows, had a lovely herb and flower garden, etc... How did you get it all done? Hard work is such a good thing for a parent to emulate and you did it well - without complaining! Sometimes I find myself complaining about all my work then I remember that you did it all and I never heard you complain at all. I learned from you how important it was to read the bible and pray. I would often find you doing just that. I learned to pity those who should be pitied and rejoice with those when they were rejoicing. You taught me how wrong it was to lie. I know there was a time when satan had a hold on my life and I lied much. But before then and now afterwards, I despise lying and I'm so glad that you told me even those "white lies" are still lies and not honoring to the Lord. Thank you mom for all that and so much more! Now having a daughter of my own, I'm so grateful to you to have these things to think on. God knew that I needed you so much when he gave me to you. I praise Him often for you, mom.


Lyrics to Legacy :
I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Aw Mandi...I certainly do not deserve all the accolades, but thank you so much! I LOVE YOU!!!
Hugs~

Amanda Kaake said...

Oh yes you do and I don't say it enough! <3 you too mom!