Search This Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gardening Updates from May 2010

It was that time again that had come and gone for us to dig up our garden. Slowly but surely is how it happens here. Matt tried to till it but the tiller is not working for now. So, the kids and I got to work shoveling. As you can see, no one was there to take pictures of me. I promise though, I was working as well :)

Lyshie working hard!


Jon working hard with his own little shovel - yes it's real, not plastic!


Our gorgeous garden after we worked in garden soil, top soil and humus. There is the tiller that is not working :( Praise God we were still able to get things dug up well and we were able to mix things by hand. You wouldn't think a small 10x10 (or so) area would take so much work. That or we're not used to hard work. rofl!


Today as I'm posting this I already have more updates. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a bit to see them :)

2 comments:

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Can't wait to see what you have planted. Oh No, 10 x 10 is plenty big when you turn the soil by hand. I have never heard of adding humus. I usually eat that! Jane

Sandi said...

I WAS there watching and I did not see you working! ROFL!!!!