Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

4 years ago today my amazing son, Jonathan was born!


Just a couple weeks before I had my Jon. Yes, I got lower!!!


My baby just seconds old, holding him for the first time. The nurses kept saying, "keep rubbing him mama!" There is nothing better than having a brand new baby (not even cleaned yet), put on your chest for that mama warmth. What an amazing feeling. I was in heaven!


Matthew holding his first baby boy. IT was a pretty overwhelming first time experience for him.


My Jonny's massive chest! Holy cow!


Sister Allysha, practically still a baby herself at almost 7 years old.


Almost 5 years ago I found out I was pregnant with my Jonathan. The day they told me he was a boy, I had a hard time. I wanted another girl so badly. I was very upset to tell you the truth - yes me, the lover of children! My husband said something to me that I'll never forget. He said "honey, maybe God made him a boy so this can be something we can experience for the first time together". You see, I was a single mom for 4 years and my dear Matt is not our daughter's biological father. NO matter that, he's like a daddy to her in every way. Anyway, from that point on I started to get excited about my little Jonathan. To this very day, I would NEVER trade my Jonathan for a girl any day. Here's a bit about my Jonathan that makes him special and unique.

He's all boy and that's no joke! He's a rough and tumble, hard core, "I do my own stunts" kind of boy.
He's tender to his mama, helping anyway he can.
He loves Star Wars!
He loves to dress up as a super hero.
He loves to kiss and hug on his baby brother.
His best friend is his sister, Lysha.
He loves wrestling time with daddy.
He loves cooking with mama - even gets upset when he can't.

There's just a bit about our wonderful Jon!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JON.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
Grandma loves you !!!!!
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love the pictures, Mandi!
What a wise thing Matt said. Husbands are really good at giving us such perspectives when we face a black cloud (seemingly) overhead. Praise the Lord for them!

Love,
Beth