Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Redecorating the bathroom.

I felt I needed a more beautiful bathroom after I looked at some pictures on my mom's blog. However, I didn't have any money at all to spend on it. So, I went around looking for things I wasn't using to put in my bathroom. Some things were being used in other places, so I just snatched them up. The ultimate would be to have a gorgeous antique looking mirror underneath my linens sign and a white bathroom stand with shelving or cupboards to put in place of the "white" whicker stand. Dh would also like to put a jacuzzi in place of the shower. All in time. For now we'll enjoy what we have:)

Below is a candle I found and wrapped in some sheer ribbon I had lying around. I just quickly hot glued the ends together in the back of the candle.


I didn't have proper tie backs so I just put this floral piece on a nail I nailed in the wall.


I did the same thing here with the curtains at the top. I had some white round circles that had little clips hanging down from them. I pounded 3 nails in the wall above the window. I then put the little white circle hook on the nail then attached silk flowers over the nail head. The clips just attached to the top of the curtain.


My mother got me this GORGEOUS fairy bird feeder awhile back for either a birthday or Christmas gift. Isn't she gorgeous!


Relax...that's the feel I was going for when decorating. My mom got me this adorable pillow many years ago. I bet she has no idea I still have it.


The shower curtain was in my daughters room so we trade. We got this from my mother a few years ago. It was in a box of stuff to go to Goodwill (or some such place). Lyshie now has my white and purple floral curtain in her bathroom. I don't think you can see it well enough but the detail in the top of this curtain is just gorgeous! Mom also made the linens sign you see above the wicker stand. She put it in her garage sale and I scooped it up for the amazingly low price of $3!!


My shelving still needs to be painted white. Hubby made this for me for Christmas. I was so excited!



I now have a more lovely bathroom. I can't wait to soak in the tub by candlelight tonight:)

Just in case you're on the lookout for a beautiful and unique gift for someone, or a special something for yourself, please stop over at my mom's Etsy store. Wayside Treasures has GORGEOUS, one of a kind items that you will not find anywhere else.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like it turned out great! I like the window treatment and fairy.

Amanda Kaake said...

Thank you Rachel. I got the window treatment at Goodwill for $1.99. I totally forgot to mention that. I purchased it a couple weeks ago in the hopes of getting it hung up. Hubby said it looked very nice in there :)

Sandi said...

pretty pretty Mandi!! Matt did a great job on the shelf!!!!
Hugs~

Mrs. Stash said...

Looks great, mandi! I love the candle; the ribbon makes it so soft and adds romance!