Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

So many updates...








So much has gone on since I last got on here. If this is any kind of glimpse into what this summer is going to be like, it's going to be a super fantastic summer. Here goes:)

I looked outside the other day to see Matt throwing a ball to the kids - baseball. It was so much fun watching them playing. I remember my dad doing that with my brothers and I. It was definitely one of hte highlights of growing up. I don't know who was enjoying it more - Matt or the kids. How nice that they have their daddy home this year. Last year he worked over time and made some great money but didn't have time for us at all. I would never trade money for the time he has with them now. It's so not worth it. I'd rather struggle all our lives if need be than have him gone all day and part of the evening. He feels the same.

Yesterday, we stayed home from church to get time to just breathe. It was a very nice relaxed day filled with amazing food! Matthew made me the most amazing crepes for breakfast. It was crepes, sausage and eggs. Most excellent too. Then for lunch he made ribs, corn on the cob, and we had beans and chips with lemonade. Perfect! For anyone who knows me, I really don't do pork anymore. However, for lunch we had pork ribs and I could eat them all day long the way Matt makes them. They just fall off the bone and taste amazing!

We've gotten lots of yard work done and still have so much more to go. We're not adding anything extra in this year but just trying to maintain what we have. It's so nice to be outside working as a family. I love gardening. Matt used a tiller for the first time this year and found how wonderful it is to walk barefoot in the soil while tilling it up. I was sad I didn't get to do it:( Such is the life of a preggo lady - can't do all you could before. The garden looks just great. I'll post more pictures of it when we have a few more things planted and coming up:)

Lyshie is now almost completely done with school. She just needs to finish up math with daddy and we'll have completed 4th grade. My how times flies. Two more school years and we'll have a junior higher on our hands. How mind boggling! Jon is learning so much this year as well. He loves getting on starfal.com We don't take lots of time working with him yet. Just a bit here and there. Trying to make sure we don't squash his love for learning:) Both kids learn so well which is such a blessing.

Last but not least, baby Joshua is doing just great! I've been getting tons done in preparation for him. I feel more prepared with this one than ever. And....when I take what I'm supposed to, I feel a lot more energetic than I have with my previous pregnancies - and I'll be 30 in a couple months! Who says 30 has to be hard. I've gotten lots of freezer muffins made, freezer strawberry jam, clothes and blankets all out/sorted and put away, hospital bag mostly packed, most of the cloth diaper washed and sewn as well as wipes, bassinet is out and ready to go, all baby bath stuff is in its place in the bathroom, birth plan is made and given to the midwife, pre-registration for the hospital has already been sent out, chore chart made for matt and lyshie for when the time comes, and some other things I can't quite remember. lol! All in all it's coming together well. Oh and by the way, the picture of the jam is way off. It's much more red than in the pix. Mmmm! It's still on the counter and will be ready to use/put away in less than 3 hours. Allysha asked if we could have breakfast for dinner so we could have some. lol!

That's pretty much it for now. I'll try to update more often again. Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

OH how cute...the Kaakey Kaakes!!! LOL I am in a goofy mood today! LYSHIE hit the ball!!! YAY!!!!!! Matt looks not so sure in his photos...maybe pensive?? HMMMMMMmm...
very interesting. Fresh strawberry jam......YUMM!!!! and CORN...to die for!
Welp thats all for now...over and out! ROFL

Beverly said...

Hey Amanda,

I did not have your email address. You won 2 prizes from by Birthday Giveaway. Parenting God's Way & a David Doll. If you could email me gracebooks@embarqmail.com with your address, I will get these in the mail to you. Cogratulations

Amanda Kaake said...

Oh how wonderful! I will send you an email as soon as I'm done posting here. What a great start to my morning:)

Jason said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! Keira had her first corn on the cob Saturday...almost brought a tear to my eye!