Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend 2009






It was so nice to spend time with my brother with all he's been going through lately. It's so hard being so far away from him. We were able to spend Friday and Saturday in his new apt. Sunday, we left to go to the church I grew up in since 9 years old as well as go to my Grandma Good's house for Easter dinner. It was so nice seeing family. Those who don't have to travel to see family have no idea how hard it can be just to get together and you appreciate it that much more. I had not seen my grandparents since last summer. This time together was WAY overdue. It was a lovely Easter and time spent with the family. Enjoy the pictures!

Oh yes, before I forget, here's what we had for Easter dinner. Perfect and I did not have to cook!

Ham
Turkey
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Carrots
Creamed peas - grandma's famous for these
Biscuits and homemade strawberry jam
Salad
Cinnamon pickles - another thing grandma is famous for.
Cake - all i have to say is "wow" and I usually don't like sweets. Great job mom!
Lemonade

Everything was absolutely wonderful! Gotta love great food and great company.

No comments: