Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Picnic's in the homeschool

I was reading through a Charlotte Mason Education and saw a part in the book where it spoke of picnics anytime. I thought, how fun would it be to be reading through a book with my children. When we get to a part where the characters partake in a picnic, we do the same! Books like Frog and Toad or Little House on the Prairie. This will be my goal for the next coming months - to tie in a picnic with our oral readings. Picnic's can be indoors too if you can't make it outside because of the weather. Here are some of my favorite picnic foods.

Deviled eggs
Fried chicken
CHicken salad sandwiches
Fresh fruit
Pasta salad
Potato salad
Cookies or Brownies
Homemade crusty bread
Cheese cubes
Lemonade

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea -- picnic indoors.
I might try that. ;-)

Love to you!
Beth