Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's getting closer to Turkey Day!

One more day left..well not even that. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I could make a huge list of what I'm thankful for, but that'd take you all day to read. So, I'll just start with today. My little Jon woke up early this morning so I scooped him out of his room and plopped him on my bed and turned on a movie. He looked at Matt's digital alarm and said...

"oh, it's 6:09"

By golly, he was right! That was a really cool moment. They are right when they say that the younger children learn so much from the older. By the way, who is they anyway?

Back to the subject at hand. Lyshie got up at that point and we all had breakfast together. Yummy raw oatmeal. Then back to bed it was for me. I ended up sleeping till 11 am! Yikes!!!! As I got up and started walking downstairs with a dirty diaper in my hand, Lyshie ran up to me, took the diaper away to pitch and gave me a huge hug. How could I not love a morning like this, even if I did get up late. Her heart is softening so much and it's lovely to see. She is also in a new point of understanding - I think part of it is age. And then little Jon, he's such an encourager. Everything we do is "good job _______". He doesn't always remember to say please but he always says thank you or thanks. Despite the politeness, he's such a little man.

Ok another rant, since when did society as a whole start seeing men that were polite as girly?

Ok back to the subject again. My husband goes to work every day and never complains. That, I love. God is so good that he still has his job and we're being more than adequately taken care of. OF course we'd have a lot more to work with if we didn't have credit debt, but that's our fault. We're working at it to play it off and are being very frugal. No big purchases or unnecessary purchases for awhile. We've even stopped going out to eat for the most part. That's helped a ton. They say you get used to overtime and boy we sure did while he was working it from March to Sept. My grocery budget more than doubled, we got some fun things and ate out a lot since he was gone all the time. Well, those times are over and I'll be the first to say, I'm glad. I don't care about the money, I like my honey home with us. He's tending to me again and doing things at random to make me feel special, he's taken over math for school and he plays with the kids much more. It's such a blessing!

Most of all, this is almost 10 years exactly that I gave my life fully over to Christ. I gave up all the crap I was into and came into a new life. The road has not always been easy, but he never said it would be. He only said we'd never be alone - and I never have been. He has blessed me more than I could have ever imagined. God is so good! To deny Him is so very sad for the person that does it. For they will live an unfulfilled, unhappy life till they surrender. That is truly sad:(

1 comment:

pechvazquez said...

Thanks for sharing Mandi. I rejoice in the blessings of all my dear Christain friends because it's a testimony to how God blesses us all from little things are children say and do to bigger things like food on the table and a wonderful husbands.