Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

Counting the Blessings

Do you ever have days where you're exhausted and can't seem to get anything done. I'm sure we all do. Well, that is my day today. Things aren't getting done and I started to feel useless. While talking with my husband on the phone and telling him I felt like I could just go lay down and sleep, he said "then do it, your body needs it". How many times does our body give us warning signs of being over exerted, getting close to being sick, etc... and we do not follow that call? Ok, enough about health issues.

The reason I got on to blog before I go up to my bed to pop in a movie with the kids is this.....

I am amazed that the Lord, in his sovereignty, chose me to be the mother of Jonathan and Allysha.. He chose me to be the wife of Matthew. I am blessed more than I can put into words. As I am typing I'm hearing my daughter give our little guy a bath and gently telling him to keep the soap out of his eyes so he wont' get hurt. She's learning how to take care of her little brother in a gentle way. He looks up to her like the big sister she is and is always in awe of what she can do. The love for our two children is tremendous and amazing. More than I ever thought possible. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes amazed at God's goodness to our family. I really, truly could not imagine being more blessed than I am today.

I encourage you to take some extra time today and cuddle with your children and husband. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: