Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2008

Living out old dreams without a college education.

I'm not at all degrading having a college education. I am however stating that it is not for everyone. When I was younger I had a dream of getting my writings published in a book or magazine - something someone would actually read. Well, today I got a final copy of my submission for an article that will be put into an actual ebook. The magazine doing this is The Old Schoolhouse - only my favorite homeschooling magazine ever! I didn't realize till I was talking to my husband that here I have done something I had wanted to do years ago and not even realized I had attained it without seeking it out. God is good isn't He? I'll update you complete with links to this ebook when it is finished and ready to sell.

1 comment:

Elizzyfish said...

Oh, Mandi, Congratulations! I am so happy for you, and very proud of you.

It's funny, having spent many years at university and studying a variety of subjects, I will tell you that university education, whilst a very good thing to take part in - doesn't leave you any more intelligent than one who's never been. Once you have gone through it, you will learn the superfluity of it. I know, I know, many of my cohorts from uni would disagree with me and professors would, too. We all (hopefully) get wiser and smarter as we age, but that comes with various kinds of exposures to new things and a mind willing to be stimulated - both of which you have had. University is just one of the good ways to spend your time between 18 and 25 years old - or older. I'd say learning a trade, having a family, reading a lot, and world travel (or all of the above, if you can) are the others. Only the slothful person ends up loosing whether he has gone to university or not, for he does not have a love of knowledge.

Wait, I did forget to say one thing...you have educated yourself in the best way of all: Biblical knowlege and the knowlede of the Way of Salvation and to love and obey God renders the reader the most enlightened of all. May you ever become more and more eduacated, as you are well on your way!