Search This Blog

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blessings of a new day and friends.

God knew just what I needed when I needed it. My friend Jen called me last night and we talked for probably over 1 hour. We rarely get the chance to do it but it was much needed - for me anyway. I was able to totally calm down and be ok for the remainder of the evening.

Today is a whole new day and while the kids are still coming down from being little stinkers, things are going well. I have been able to re-organize our books downstairs and am now getting ready to finish cleaning the den and take some books in my bedroom, downstairs. I also made some cookies last night. Something I have not done since at least 1 year ago - maybe 2. I never did before because they're not healthy. However, now that I'm teaching my daughter to cook it would just seem wrong if she didn't know how to make cookies. However, I did forget one batch (the last batch) in the oven. We were upstairs watching a movie and I smelled that all too familiar burnt smell. I ran downstairs and sure enough the cookies were totally black. Thankfully I used a cookie stone so it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. Praise the Lord! We left the oven closed and opened windows and doors to make sure it didn't set off our smoke alarm. If it does that - the whole house goes off and I have no idea how to get it to stop with Matt being gone. The only way I've been able to do it before is to say "Hey Matt, could you fix that". lol.

So yeah, today is going much better thankfully. As my friend pointed out, Praise God we're in good health and my family is safe regardless of some of the hard times.

May you too have a blessed day.

No comments: