Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2008

We're getting there.

It's amazing with 2 kiddo's and a husband how messy and cluttered things can get. Ok, I'll admit some of it is me. For those of you who really know me, I've actually gotten a lot better. You would not believe the stuff I'm still getting rid of. Crazy!

So...today I was able to go to Goodwill and Salvation Army. I was able to find some very much needed pillow cases for our room and a couple sheets for Jon's room as well as one for lou's room and a lavendar sheet that will be used to make a futon cover. Wow, talk about long run-on sentence. I also got 2 jean skirts for Lyshie and one for myself. You see, I'll be taking our pix at the nature preserve and want us all to wear black long sleeved shirts and jeans/jean skirts. I'm hoping to get a neat picture of us all holding hands walking onto the trail. Shhhh - don't tell anyone. They're going to be used for Christmas gifts. Let's see, I can't remember what else we got but it was all things I've been looking for - not just "stuff". I LOVE resale shopping.

Lyshie is learning to play the recorder. In fact we just had our first lesson yesturday and she is doing really well. She now has rhythm down. We were wondering if that was ever going to happen. lol! I'm doing blanket training with Jon and let's just say that he didn't do nearly as good with his new task as his sister did. For those of you who have no idea what blanket training is - here's a link.

http://inashoe.com/2007/08/03/blanket-training-revisited/

Hmmm, what else? Matthew and I are going on a date tomorrow for our belated anniversary. We're so incredibly excited. I'll try to remember to take the camera so we can get some pix up here. Of course I'd like to have them to look back upon as well.

Matt is doing well with work. This week towards the end had gotten better. He's been handling stress so much better. I know it's because of his time camping as well as the prayers of others. In his words if he hadn't gone to camp he "would have gotten fired" last week. EEEkkkk! Yeah for Bike Camp right?

Well tata for now. It's 11:35 pm and I still have lots more cleaning to do:)

No comments: