Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2008

My introduction

I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Amanda Kaake but someday I'll be given a new name. I am a child of the King and while I disobey Him now and again, He still loves me and will always forgive me. He has taken away my old life of sin and destruction and turned it into something for His glory. I have been saved from ruin beyond belief and to this day - almost 10 years later - I'm still blown away with where I was and where He has brought me. In case you're wondering, I'm talking about the Lord God, my Saviour Jesus Christ.

I am a wife to the most wonderful husband in the world. We work so hard at keeping things fresh, new and happy. Of course we all have our days but all in all, we really have a great marriage.

I am a mother to the two most wonderful children in the world. God gave them to me and me to them . My children and I learn from one another and love one another so freely. I'm a homeschool mama and would never change that for the world.

Because of health issues almost 6 years ago I have jumped into the world of natural living. By using natural remedies, natural family planning (or nothing at all - we're more quiverfull), using natural cleaners in the home, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, eating better foods and so much more. It really is a way of life and one I love dearly. The more we learn, the more I'm in awe of how God made us to live and how sad I am that we, as a nation are so far from what he intended.

I simply love life and try to enjoy it to the fullest. It's so very important for our emotional and physical health to be positive. We can either get depressed and angered at life's challenges or smile and laugh at them. If you're an adult, you know by now that we are truly not in control. It's once we let go and give to God that we have true freedom.

Life itself is a journey, while we're here on earth to enjoy and teach other's about Christ. I plan to live life to it's fullest.

No comments: